RAY seeks to promote feminine spiritual wisdom to help realise God in all ways, and to align with justice, truth, and beauty.
The energetic state of the feminine is our guiding principle and holds our intention, but it is understood that the feminine encompasses the masculine, and vice-versa. While we are women-led and women-centred, we welcome and encourage all genders to join us in a safe, inclusive space.
We feel that a spirituality which seeks to embrace and integrate the feminine can:
- awaken consciousness and balanced living
- bring the feminine and masculine into alignment
- inspire creativity and nurture human expression
- promote service, mature activism, and responsible stewardship of the earth.
We seek to do this work through:
- an annual festival with a wide range of speakers focussing on feminine spiritual wisdom
- small retreats to facilitate a deeper, more balanced spirituality
- bringing faith practitioners together to explore sacred practice and texts from a feminine perspective
- supporting conscious activism and youth faith programmes that nurture spiritual growth.
There are a growing number of gender-focussed organisations already in the world – we do not seek to duplicate the good work already being done but to amplify and support this work through a spiritually led perspective.
The inspiration for RAY comes from the following lines of Mevlana Rumi:
She is not that kind of beloved most imagine;
she is a ray of God.
She is not just a created,
she is creative.
[Mathnawi I, 2437, Love’s Ripening: Rumi on the Heart’s Journey, translated by Kabir Helminski & Ahmad Rezwani]
RAY is a non-profit organisation.